Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spinach Pesto Pita

After a nice gym workout I went grocery shopping. I bought some wonderful new foods. I decided to make a simple but DELICIOUS meal for my husband and me. I made Spinach and Pesto Pita sandwiches.
This is what you need:

Whole wheat pita
Pesto sauce
Fresh spinach
Tomato
Avocado
Sprouts
Feta Cheese
Panini Press (Optional, you can use a pan)

Wash and cut your tomato,
Wash the sprouts and spinach,
Cut the avocado into slices,
Spread about a tbsp of Pesto Sauce onto the inside of the wheat pita,
Add the spinach, avocado, tomato and feta
Then you can either grill it in a non-stick pan (no oil or butter needed)
Just grill until it is lightly brown on both sides.
If you have a Panini Press you don't have to worry about the insides falling out because the press holds it all together.









I added strawberries on the side to make a nice light side dish and TADA!!!!





My husband LOVED them. When he was finished I asked him if he enjoyed the meal. He said it was great. I asked if he wanted something else from me... he gave me a little smirk... and I said "FOOD", he said "Oh Darn, I thought you meant something else". He is adorable. This meal is simple and delicious and is really healthy! Try it!


I told him I started this blog to become a better wife. He laughed at me... but I think he secretly likes it, especially because I am sure I am not the best wife.. by any means.




My adorable kitchen companion, Sable, would not leave me alone in the kitchen. She is hilarious. I love her. This is her being a goose.






Oh, and P.S., while cooking I also put in a load of laundry and fed the dog... look at me go... I am on a role. The house is still a mess... that can wait until tomorrow.


Until next time... MissKelseyG

No comments:

Post a Comment